A forum for the open-minded gamers, who wish share their love for gaming. For gamers, who prefer fun over hate and prejudice. For those who like to discuss rather than argue. This is the new generation of gaming! Shin Gaming!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Pokemon Black/White

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sparky the chu
Admin

PostSubject: Pokemon Black/White   Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:37 pm

Name: Pokemon Black & White
Genre: RPG
Developer: GameFreak
Publisher: Nintendo
Release date:
JAP 9/19/2010

Triple Battles
- Can target with the middle Pokemon all three Pokemon
- Pokemon on t he sides can target the opposite one and the middle one
- Can switch positions during battle
- Pokemon in the middle that hits all the opponents will unleash a powerful attack
- Telepathy ability: Can avoid taking damage from teammates
- Unknown attack causes all teammates to avoid damage from attacks that would hurt all teammates (like Earthquake)

Global Link
-Two modes
-One mode lets your Pokemon play in a dream
-Second mode is an online battling system
-Can capture Pokemon not in the Isshu Dex within the Global Link, bring them back to your game (dream mode)
-Get access to the Global Link when you have Musharna
-Game Sync can be accessed through the C Gear, send one Pokemon to the “dream world”
-Pokemon can play in their own rooms in the world of dreams, play mini-games with other Pokemon
-Pokemon that become friends can be taken back to the real world
-Can play “Rating Mode” of “Random Match” if you’re registered to the PGL, sends battle results to a server so you can see the strongest players

Version Changes
-Gochiruzeru and Rankurusu are version exclusives
-Black City/White Forest appear in the same part of Isshu
-Other cities are different based on your appearance in the game

Features
-With Infared, can have speedy battles
-2 or 4 players
-Trade on the spot from your box
-Can automatically exchange friend codes through IR
-You’ll be able to draw on your friends’ faces over the Live Caster video chat
-Characters will sometimes call you on the Live Caster
-Man in the game will switch your game from standard Hiranga text to Kanji
-Feeling Check feature checks players’ compatibility

Characters
-You, Beru, Cheren get your starters from Professor Arargi, no Pokemon left after that
-The three of you starting your journey together
-Routes start with Route 1
-N one of the antagonists
-N will challenge you often in order to confirm his ideas of justice
-N says that Pokemon are “friends,” but says he wants to split humans/Pokemon and divide them so its black and white
-Wants to set Pokemon free from people
-Wants power to carry out his idea

SCREENSHOTS

VIDEOS

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/

OTHER GAMES OF THE SAME SERIES

GB
-Pokemon Red/Blue/Green
-Pokemon Yellow
-Pokemon Trading Card Game
-Pokemon Pinball
-Pokemon Gold/Silver
-Pokemon Crystal
-Pokemon Trading Card Game 2

N64
-Pokemon Stadium
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Pokemon Puzzle League
-Pokemon Snap
-Hey you, Pikachu!

GBA
-Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
-Pokemon Emerald
-Pokemon Mistery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
-Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green

GC
-Pokemon Colosseum
-Pokemon Channel
-Pokemon Box
-Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

DS
-Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
-Pokemon Platinum
-Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
-Pokemon Mistery Dungeon: Blue rescue team
-Pokemon Trozei!
-Pokemon Dash
-Pokemon Ranger
-Pokemon Mistery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Explorers of Darkness
-Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
-Pokemon Mistery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
-Pokemon Ranger: Guardian signs

WII
-Pokemon Battle Revolution
-Pokepark: Pikachu's adventure

WIIWARE
-Pokemon Ranch
-Pokemon Rumble

Last edited by Sparky the chu on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shingaming.forumsfree.org
Lumnous

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:48 pm

In my opinion i think they could have chosen better names for the games and the new logos, im not really keen on it kind of takes the old retro look out of pokemon even without any mention of the game this will probably be based on pokemon firered and leafgreen updating it with more designs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrayVonGoff

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:04 am

I personally quite like the look of the logos. Its edgy and retro seeming at the same time. Black and white strikes me with the thought that they are planning something basic and effective, so not to convoluted or confusing. The screenshots I've seen so far look interesting, but I am mainly interested in information on the battle system.

Lets hope some new stuff will be revealed on the 15th =o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pad the bunny

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:22 am

Interesting o.o Let's hope they get some new ideas in there! *Still wants a fire/bug type xP*
Hopefully the new battle system will be fairly different, the one they've used for all the games, while it's very effective ((or super effective X3)) it's still really basic. I wonder what they're planning :O We shall see!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky the chu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:34 am

I'm certainly sure they are hiding stuff...I mean, for now we just know that the battle graphics will be different and have more perspective and the 3d seems to be more enhanced in the overworld...wich is good ^^
Back to top Go down
LittleCharmander

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:49 am

I'm not entirely fond of the names Black and White, but hey, its the games that I'm going to care about, not the names. ^^ I am really psyched for this next generation. I wonder what the starters will be this time around. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://littlecharmander.deviantart.com/
Damienfox

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:58 am

This may just be me, but I personally like the names because of what it might entail. Do they fit within the rest of the Pokemon set up as it stands? Not really, no. Almost everything else was colorful to some degree, but that's why I like the names. The stark contrast between Black and White leaves me hoping that perhaps they are going to release a main hand-held Pokemon adventure that will treat itself just a touch more seriously in terms of plot. I love the series as a whole, and I'm sure I'd buy Black/White even if it did nothing new at all (Though we already know by now that's not going to be the case) but I think it'd be a great thing if the Pokemon adventure might have a more fleshed out, developed plot outside of "Get the badges and be the champion!" as compared to previous titles.

Course I still wanna get the badges and be the champion too. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ceonn

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:30 pm

I think it's a very interesting bath to take for them. I'm glad they are continuing the series, but my only concern is that eventually as more pokemon are added and this world is expanded, are they going to be able to keep fresh and exciting pokemon? With little to go on though I still say a new pokemon game is a good pokemon game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ndoto

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Damienfox wrote:
This may just be me, but I personally like the names because of what it might entail. Do they fit within the rest of the Pokemon set up as it stands? Not really, no. Almost everything else was colorful to some degree, but that's why I like the names. The stark contrast between Black and White leaves me hoping that perhaps they are going to release a main hand-held Pokemon adventure that will treat itself just a touch more seriously in terms of plot. I love the series as a whole, and I'm sure I'd buy Black/White even if it did nothing new at all (Though we already know by now that's not going to be the case) but I think it'd be a great thing if the Pokemon adventure might have a more fleshed out, developed plot outside of "Get the badges and be the champion!" as compared to previous titles.

Course I still wanna get the badges and be the champion too. :3

Damien, you pretty much summed up all of my feelings nearly verbatim! :3

I think it's a bit silly that there's been some controversy about whether they will keep the titles the same once they bring them outside Japan. I've seen a couple articles now saying that the names would never fly outside of Japan because of the racial connotations. What Damien said is exactly right, though - there is a LOT of meaning in these titles they've chosen. First, they're not precious stones, as has been the case with the series since Gold/Silver/Crystal (G/S could've still passed as part of the "color" theme instead of the "gem" theme, but Crystal would be hard to pass of as a color). This immediately differentiates itself from any of the games we've seen recently. Secondly, choosing the two most basic colors (which in and of themselves are a bit anomalous given that they are really the two "non-color" colors) sort of embodies "starting anew"' in my mind. They're hyping these up to be very different games, somehow, and I think the titles they chose sort of embody that line of thought. If they try to change the titles outside of Japan - into something like "Ebony" and "Ivory" - that sort of diminishes the impact of the stark contrast of the simple "Black" and "White" titles. (Also, it would make me think of Paul McCartney every time I played the games...) Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/ndoto
LittleCharmander

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:40 pm

Though I'm sure many of you have already seen these, I thought I'd provide a few snapshots from the games. Smile

(Images obtained from serebii.net)

As for what this game is going to be like, I'd be interested if they decided to pull something different from the 8 gym + Elite Four formula that they've been doing for the past 10+ years. It's too early to tell what the games will be like, especially since these snapshots seem to show "more of the same" in the most basic sense. But I'm sure we'll know more and will be able to speculate further soon enough. ^^

Last edited by LittleCharmander on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:22 pm

Honestly, I have not played/ do not own any Pokemon games for the DS! O_O
I have to get around to it, they look really cool. When I go to school, my bus driver brings her son sometimes HE ALWAYS BRING HEARTGOLD or SOULSILVER. They both look excellent, so I want 'em :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.archivumsecretum.org/macksgamearcana/
Kiutogi

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:45 am

What I would like to see is allowing you to go to other Regions like HG/SS (I still thing the original G/S/C was better) Now It might require two game packs, but what if they allowed you to go to all the areas that were in the GBA/DS Games, thats a total of 40 gym badges. (Mmmm Shiny badges, how I want you, 16 just isn't enough, must have 40.)
Plus I think flying from Kanto to Hoenn, then to the new region, then back to Shinno. It would actually make the Poke'mon world seem connect to me instead of just different worlds.
But thats just me.

And of course, They'd have to keep Red waiting at the top of the highest peak of the Pokemon world, Waiting to Kick your ass with his lvl 100 Pikachu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleCharmander

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:09 am

This just in: a bit of gameplay footage obtained from Pokemon Sunday

Some awesome 3D effects, if you ask me. :3
Back to top Go down
Sparky the chu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:55 pm

LittleCharmander wrote:

gah, I'm too late! X3

anyway, that's just GREAT! I mean, if they decided to install a camera following you in the game we gotta get ready for some impressive visuals...this is already quite a nice change ^^ I can't wait to hear more!
Back to top Go down
KorialFox

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:45 pm

Black and White? O.O
I need to play the Pearl/Diamond/Platinum version first xD
Nothing beats Emerald for me so far x3

It looks more 3D, but it seems to be the same thing just with better graphics, it would need some gameplay upgrades I think>
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.korialfox.deviantart.com
KorialFox

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:48 pm

LittleCharmander wrote:

I like that Chimchar mascot!!
Looks pretty n.n
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.korialfox.deviantart.com
Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:04 am

The first topic with two pages ftw.

How many different Pokemon will be in this one? Rhetorical question.

In HG and SS there are almost 300... I think... It would be almost a CURSE to make more than 500.
How many pokemon would anyone like to see?
Back to top Go down
Kiutogi

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:08 am

I'm saddened alittle that they took away the feature of having your pokemon follow behind you, I liked that in HG/SS. It made me feel less alone in the game world, Kinda like what they did with Yellow. but at that time I couldn't enjoy it. I was going through a Anti-pikachu phase, thank goodness that I am past that now, and now I find the Electric mouse kinda cute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:27 pm

Kiutogi wrote:
I'm saddened alittle that they took away the feature of having your pokemon follow behind you, I liked that in HG/SS. It made me feel less alone in the game world, Kinda like what they did with Yellow. but at that time I couldn't enjoy it. I was going through a Anti-pikachu phase, thank goodness that I am past that now, and now I find the Electric mouse kinda cute.

Really? I can't stand how you have a Twenty foot tall pokemon follow you and it's magically your size. I liked it in Yellow because it was cool then, there's even a SONG called Yellow (by my favorite band no less)
This is here because of my shenanigans. Describe my shenanigans: cheeky and fun. His shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which makes them not shenanigans at all, really? Evil shenanigans ^_^

o_O

British people rock. This is a good song, but not my most favorite. I carry on talking about bands then this'll be moved

Last edited by Mackilla on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : SHENANIGANS ARE AWESOME.)
Back to top Go down
ndoto

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:30 pm

I'm sad that they seem to have removed that feature as well, actually. Sad It was a neat little thing, and like Kiutogi said, sort of made the world feel more personal and less like you were by yourself.

A friend of mine who doesn't follow gaming or Pokemon all that closely asked me the other day if the new games are also going to use the Pokewalker. I told her probably not, given they would have to come out with some sort of update for it that would include sprites for the new Pokemon introduced in Black & White... but, I'll kind of be sad to see that go, too. Sad I've definitely enjoyed my time with the Pokewalker.

I'm wondering if they might introduce their own Black & White version of the Pokewalker, though, or if they might come out with something else entirely to take its place...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/ndoto
Sparky the chu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Mackilla wrote:

In HG and SS there are almost 300... I think... It would be almost a CURSE to make more than 500.

the Pokemon species are already almost 500, so they're gonna reach around 600 species with this other game
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Sparky the chu wrote:
Mackilla wrote:

the Pokemon species are already almost 500, so they're gonna reach around 600 species with this other game

*Brain explodes*
Back to top Go down
Kiutogi

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:12 pm

They still got alot of animals they have to make pokemon of, we still don't have Possum, Raccoon, any of the Large cats, (Persian doesn't count. It's just a over sized house cat.) wolf pokemon, goats, ect.
The only thing I'm wondering they are going to do is with the Legendary Pokemon, They already did the Natural Elements, Nature ,Every Human emotion, Worst nightmares, Mythical creatures, Time, Space and Void, and even God. Where do they go next?
Thats what I'm wondering, Sure making a cute little shadow Fox is cute and easy to think of, But what about the big things. also like the Starters, Give me a fire type that isn't going to Fire/Fighting (I'm Looking at you Blazikan and Infernape, disappointing me like that. Why can't you be more like Charizard or Typhlosian.) Maybe a Fire/Steel type, but that would be more suited for a Sutto Legendary due to the Double weekness of Ground type. Atleast something more useful other then the Fire/Fighting crap we've been getting. It's like they're not even trying anymore. Now Water/Steel starter was a good Idea, so was the Grass/Ground starter, but of course we have Mudkip, The Water/Ground Starter. Completely killing any previous strategy that most people I know for using an Electric type to kill your friends starter, but anyone using a bulbasuar or the like to smack it into next Tuesday with a simple Vinewhip. X4 Weakness to Grass type attack. Come on people, what kind of starter is that. I remember when it was a marshstomp, and he got his ass kicked by a Oddish who used absorb. Did like 80 something damage with one Abosrb, WHAT THE HELL! But this is becoming a rant, and I'm not a captain so I'm not entitled to state one.

Thank you for your time,
*Calls out my Dragonite and disappears into the sky.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:45 pm

... Nice last bit.

Which pokemon would I be a bit edgey to get... hmmm.

Well my favorite are:
Pikachu (whoever doesn't like chu is a hopeless case)
Meowth
Mawile
*thinks hard about this one* ...throw in Zubat (though the bat type pokemon aren't very good appearance wise)

That's about it.
Back to top Go down
DrayVonGoff

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:13 am

Talking about legendaries they could make, why not Satan? lol. but what they need to do is make a legendary relevant to its region. And theres tons of myths and legends out there they could use as inspiration. I think people blow it out of proportion when they say about time space and god being done. no offence.
Talking about starters, they either need to give thee totally different starters from grass fire water, or need to give them secondary types that make them interesting and decent. Example would be that the grass one would need to be fairly buffed, cause grass types seem so weak. Personally, I'd want them to go back to the whole effectiveness chart, scrap it, and make sure its a little more balance and that some types become useful again. Give every type at least three strengths and three weakness, would shake things up a bit. Dunno if that really would be pausible or work though.

oh, and am I the only one worrying that these 3D cities may just be circles? and you can't actually enter the city hub?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Black/White
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next